Can you relate?


Being a 24 year, unmarried girl from kerala, it has  become nearly impossible to open social media now a days. Know why!? Half of my friends/ colleagues are already married and some of them are even celebrating their kid's birthday together and there comes my tribe whose only worry is what to wear for the next day and what to order for dinner! Touchwood!! I mean, some people are just too vocal about everything that happens in their life and a few falls under the category of those 'proud parents' who brag about the overcuteness with which their kids are born.

I never know if I will ever be like this one day but I wish I don't because I know how someone like me feels at the other side! 

I agree it's all their personal stuff but know when it gets on my nerves? It's when all of this happen in an official group! How many times will you keep sending 'so cute' and 'so lovely' for the pictures that your friends share in the group? And when it is a festival season, then you better mute it. Because the moment someone shares their kids picture and get overwhelming comments from the others in the group, that is the most waited moment. This very act triggers the ego of the other parents in the group where the next minute you see pictures piling up from all around... round chubby faces, all dressed up and posing. Each picture looks like an indirect message which says - "You think only you got one? Mine is cuter than yours and I have made two, you loser!" Your group gets flooded and you end up with Googling synonyms for cute, smart and pretty. I agree that kids are cute and I love seeing their photos and naughty videos but not everyday, to be clear. And if someone is so obsessed with it, share it to them personally or if there is a huge fan base, then make a separate group! Think about the other single human beings who exist in the group people!

Wondering why this bothers me a lot? It's a ritual by the way because if you don't comment, then you will be judged as a jealous human being who hasn't achieved anything in life according to them. Sometimes it can be worse. Suddenly you come across your friend's post in social media on her kid's birthday party for which you were not invited and then you realise that you are blacklisted for not commenting 'wow' for a video of her 7 year old kid brushing teeth...life is miserable guys! But the irony is that I can't afford to miss good food again! 

Comments

  1. First of all, its a social media where you are not allowed to show your personal feelings. But still we all would meet such this circumstances. People are expecting feelings and emotions on social media rather than doing it on their real life. Facts of social media virtually connects the people with their love and emotions were you need to show your love by posting comments like wow, congrats, all the best, etc and liking, wowing and loving their post. if you missed to react on their post then it will be considered as that either you don't have love or you have ignored them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! I totally feel that you can relate to this but regarding the expression of personal opinions and feelings, I would say the whole purpose of this blog is that. The 'streams of consciousness' in the blog description is all about that. I feel that writing without boundaries or bias is the biggest privilege that someone can have and this blog is for that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts